Why Choose the Fort Worth Emergency Medicine Program?
Fort Worth — the city of cowboys and culture — is home to the John Peter Smith (JPS) Hospital Emergency Medicine Residency Program.
Our residents receive and contribute to the highest quality education available in areas such as Critical Care, Trauma, and ED Administration in both U.S. and global health serving adult and pediatric patient populations. We offer academic, administrative, and ultrasound fellowships.
Our Administrative Fellowship Program is an immersive two-year program that provides hands-on involvement with Emergency Department and Hospital Leadership with concurrent enrollment in a Masters’ program (MBA, MMM, MHA, MPH).
We are dedicated to graduating the new leaders of medicine – making a difference now and well into the future.
10 Reasons to Choose the Fort Worth EM Residency Program
1. State-of-the-art Emergency Department and Level 1 trauma center with over 120,000 visits per year
2. Ethnically, culturally, and economically diverse patient population that provides a broad and complex training experience
3. Residents receive continuous, accurate feedback on clinical efficiency and patient satisfaction metrics that can be used to gauge educational success and preparedness for post-graduation independent practice
4. Global health opportunities
5. Dynamic, protected, weekly conference that is interactive and includes written and oral board prep workshops to ensure certification readiness
6. Prehospital, mass gathering, and disaster medicine experience with postgraduate fellowship option
7. Robust emergency ultrasound training during residency in one of the first CUAP accredited departments in the country, with postgraduate fellowship opportunity
8. Longitudinal program leadership and mentorship enhances both in-training and postgraduate career development and satisfaction
9. Outstanding EM and critical care experience combined with high yield off-service rotations
10. Progressive scheduling and unparalleled resident benefits fostering outstanding quality of life in a vibrant metro area with small town charm and affordable cost of living